Pretty soon, I’ll be on my way to Paris for a long weekend with best friend Emily. In preparation I’ve been reading Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins and also re-reading Nobody’s Girl by Sarra Manning, which is the book that first made me really want to go to Paris!
I loved Bea and Toph’s list (above) to ensure the perfect l’expérience Parisienne! So, we decided to create our own list:
Alice and Emily’s Paris Wish List (in no particular order…)
- See the Eiffel Tower and take funny pictures
- Visit Musee d’Orsay and say hello to our friends Cezanne, Van Gogh and Monet (some water lilies can also be found at Musee d’Orangerie) – this has been a tradition since our trip to New York
- Sample the local pastries on offer for breakfast/brunch
- Charter a boat on the Seine – by “charter” we mean really mean take a tour
- Eat macaroons (various colours/flavours)
- Try and find Quasimodo at Notre Dame
- Admire the Arc de Triomphe
- Walk the Champ de Elysses and pretend we’re about to win the Tour de France – I have since been told this is not how to win le Tour but who really cares?
- See if we can make Mona Lisa smile at the Louvre
- Pick a nice restaurant for farewell feast on our final evening
- Browse for books at Shakespeare and Company
- Cocktails in Montmartre
- Walk across as many fancy bridges as possible
- Take the Monmatre funicular railway to the Basilique du Sacre-Coeur
- If/when there is a beautiful clear day, pick a Parisian landmark to climb
- Drink very nice coffee (Em) and lovely tea (Alice)
- Visit the home of Victor Hugo
- Take a stroll in Canal Saint Martin
- Go to a patisserie and come out with fancy cakes in fancy boxes
- Eat Croque Monsieurs for lunch – you’ll notice much of our list involves food!
- Promenade along the Promenade Plantee and admire the autumnal colours
- Bring back red wine for Jon (very important) – Em’s husband requested this one!
- Buy each other a really tacky souvenir to remember the trip
- Buy the Pariscope and pick out artsy films we probably won’t watch – inspired by Anna and the French Kiss. Does it actually exist? We’ll soon find out!
- Make a wish (upon a star) at Point Zero – ditto, Anna and the French Kiss inspiration
- Wander round a food market (says friend Gemma)
Originally posted to Tumblr on 10 October 2015